Buy your t-shirt here!

          RSS



Racial stereotypes and comments that we still hear today...

No, it's not okay to say this...
"I'm not racist because I've got a black friend", "you look just like Eddie Murphy", "oh my god it's Jackie Chan!", "I bet you can slam dunk a ball", "you're Chinese and don't know any kung fu?", "can you speak African?"

We've ALL heard some kind of racial stereotype or straight up dumb racial shit at some point, aka 'Microaggressions'. Photographer Kiyun asked her friends to write down examples of when it has happened to them and here they are...
---
You don't speak Spanish?

You're Chinese?

What are you?

You listen to Carrie Underwood?

No, you're white.

My last name is not Garcia!

Not the voice of all black people.

I smell like rice?

Why do you sound white?

I am not Dora the Explorer.

I don't see you as a black girl.

Can you see as much as white people?

Yes i am bi-racial

Can I read Japanese characters?

Pretty for a dark girl.

Do you speak asian?

China doll

Why are you so white?

You don't act like a normal black person.

Where are you REALLY from?

What does your hair look like today?

You're not really asian

Have you got any more to add? Leave a comment and let us know!

~Cee

Make sure you subscribe and never miss a post!
Have you seen our new t-shirts? Show everyone that you're one of The Man Dem and get yours NOW!!!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home
back to top